Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Birthday Week Day 4 {Birthday Link-Up}


Today's post is all about birthdays in the classroom. Although my experience as a teacher may be limited, I wanted to share some of my plans for future classroom celebrations. I make a big deal out of my own birthday (hench the Birthday Week Celebration) and I cannot wait to share the same excitement over my students' birthdays.

Read on to check out some of the birthday themed fun I plan to use and then feel free to link up your ideas from your own classroom! I'd love to see some of those birthday posts I may have missed, awesome ideas you've been waiting to share, and you best birthday TpT products!

Here are few ideas I wanted to share!
Link up your ideas and then check back to see what others have to share!

During college, I did this activity in class and loved it. One person sits in from of a white board while the rest of the class fills the board with words and phrases to describe that student. I have been looking for a reason to try it out with my students and a birthday would be the perfect excuse. I bet this student felt like a million dollars when her class finished writing all these wonderful things about her!

Don't have a ton of time to dedicate to celebrating? How about giving the special student a chance to pick out a birthday themed book. Have a handful of birthday themed books that you keep separate from the rest of the class library and only pull out on birthdays. To add to the fun, keep the books in a large gift-bag, complete with colorful tissue paper. Make reading a present!

Birthday Themed Books:
(Click on the cover to be taken to the book's Amazon page):
      


And what about those students who were born in the summer? 
No problem, half-birthdays can be just as much fun so no one misses out!

As the host of this linky, I kindly ask that you follow a few simple rules, as follows:
1. Follow my blog on bloglovin’ here!
2. Feel free to link up as many of your personal blog posts as you would as long as they have to do with celebrating birthdays in the classroom.
3. Make sure the link is to your specific post or product, not the main URL to your blog or shop. (So it's easy to find.)
4. Visit the link before you and show them some love!
5. Grab the party button, post it on your blog so others can share their ideas as well!
NOTE: This is not a typical reoccurring linky. Just a one time linky for now.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway which ends Saturday at midnight!
Winner will be announced Sunday morning!





No comments:

Post a Comment